When it comes to promoting and marketing of your book, and–if done right–will make the rest of the process infinitely easier.
Once you’ve figured out how you’re going to connect to your community, then start getting the word out. There are five schools of thought on this activity. One is to create buzz on these social media streets and send out a reasonable number of tweets, Facebook postings, LinkedIn updates, and whatever else you can stand to do. Start with three times per day by switching up the graphics and valuable content while keeping your maximum posting frequency to 15 times per week- I found this to be very helpful in building my author Brand and increase in traffic/social engagement.
Author’s in order to gain brand VISIBILITY you have to make some VIRTUAL NOISE- With that said it’s time to BRAND-UP! Here are 6 Marketing tips to jump-start your Author Brand on these social media streets. Have at it!!!
You can actually promote your book at least 6 months before release date. Offer pre-sale/orders on website. As an author, it’s important to invest time and energy into building your platform: establish relationships, and gain potential readers. An author platform is the thing you have to stand on to get heard and to be seen. It’s your stage! Rock Your Book like a Rock Star Unlike a stage at a concert hall, today’s platform is built of people, contacts, connections, followers, influencer(s) and supporters.
1) Make a video/Book Trailer and upload it on YouTube and upload directly to your Facebook with a Link to your web page. People Eat with Their Eyes and a book trailer (video) captivates people and draws them in. Having a Video Book Trailer for your book will provide you with opportunities to connect with your audience and sell more books! Book Trailers are a great marketing tool and are quickly gaining popularity among publishers and successful authors to help promote books and encourage people to read them.
2) Create a webpage of your book. Include a BUY now button. Set up a merchant account, your Paypal OR Google Checkout to help you with the transaction.
3) Ask for quotes from people who will influence your readers. Put those quotes on the back cover of your book and on your webpage and include in your book trailer.
4) Live Streaming Do Try Out Live-Streaming! Live-streaming is booming. It’s a way to engage with your audience and understand their reactions in real time. It also gives you the opportunity to humanize your social media platforms – putting a face to your brand. Some ways to utilize live-streaming could be a Q&A, sharing snippets of a major event or sharing behind the scenes moments of your brand to the audience
5) Build Your Email Be sure to add an email signup form to your website (which should be displayed on every single page) Building an email subscriber list is one of the best ways to ensure the long term success of your business. It is the most direct and cost effective way to communicate and engage with your fans and subscribers on a personal level. The bigger your list, the bigger your online marketing asset–and the more interested publishers are.
Are you ready to Turn-Up your Social Media Engagement? Jump start your Marketing Plan OR Brand like a RockStar? If you had answered, YES! Let me introduce myself- I’m your – Global Marketing, Branding Coach LáTanyha Boyd, helping emerging businesses, ministries, authors and national bestsellers to create and Rock their brand/message on a global scale that will attract profits. Join our Rock Your Book Academy Community on FB: